With increased focus on schools’ duty of care to students and parents, now is the time for schools to demonstrate that good information governance is an ongoing priority. Students and their parents must know precisely how their personal information is collected, how it is used, for what purpose and by whom. Featuring industry, education and policy makers, delegates for the ProtectED 2017 will explore:
- From classroom to cloud. The benefits and risks to collecting students’ personal data.
- The role of schools and technology providers in safeguarding the information they collect.
- The differing legalities from state to state and school to school (private v public obligations).
- How to create appropriate data security, retention and destruction policies.
- The regulation of the industry and the changing concept of “educational data”.
- Growing up in the online and social media age
- The future of school privacy and security and influencing factors.
|Early Bird Registration (Book before 7 June 2017)||$455.00 pp|
|Standard Registration||$555.00 pp|
Note: 1.5% credit card surcharge applies. Please note that we do NOT accept AMEX. Early bird rates apply for registrations made by the cut-off date, payment by invoice may be made after.
L’Aqua, Cockle Bay Wharf, Sydney
ProtectED is aimed at school administrators both primary and secondary, school boards, parent groups, front line educators and school service providers.
Packages may be tailored to suit your needs and budget. We look forward to your participation in this event and to welcoming you in Sydney this May.
Primus Hotel Sydney
339 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Bookings can be made through the online registration.
$328 per night (Room only)
While the accommodation has its roots in the stunning, art deco heritage values of the building, contemporary appointments such as large format TVs, complimentary internet and iPod docks have been included with the modern traveller in mind. Each room is thoughtfully designed, blending historic charm with contemporary designer furnishings and fittings to ensure our guests are surrounded in a sense of tranquility to create lasting moments.
For any enquiries please contact:
Jessica Abbey | Conference Producer
APN Educational Media
T 02 9936 8777 / 0422 134 328 | F 02 8362 9895
E: [email protected]